Fresh and Flavorful Chimichurri Sauce
August 29th has been designated as More Herbs, Less Salt Day. So in honor of this holiday, our recipe utilizes three of the healthful, flavorful herbs of summer, but feel free to experiment by substituting other fresh herbs. This sauce, which is full of anti-oxidants, adds a powerful flavor boost to steak, chicken or fish, and can be used as a marinade, basting sauce, or served as a condiment.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until chopped, but not pureed. (If you don’t have a food processor, simply chop herbs before combining all ingredients). Allow mixture to sit for at least 20 minutes for best flavor.